Saturday, September 15, 2007

Beautiful Day in the Woods

Well today seemed like the first real day of Fall even if it is several days early. It was 60-65 degrees during the 4 or 5 hours I spent in the woods. As far as finding ginseng it was a rather uneventful day. Dug up maybe a dozen roots and spotted a couple dozen more smaller ones. A lot of the area just wasn't that suitable. A couple that I found were 10+ years old but had a very skinny neck and not a very sizable root for their age. But it was still a gorgeous day to be in the woods and it was nice to never break a sweat because of the cooler temperatures.

I took my camera today but didn't see anything worth taking a picture of to be honest. I do have one root I dug a couple of weeks ago I'll take a pic of and put up maybe tonight. It's the biggest one I've found so far this year.

Happy digging.

No comments: